FlexMaster Centralized Wi-Fi Management
The First-of-Its-Kind Remote Wireless LAN and Wi-Fi Service Management Platform.
Now, Ruckus Wi-Fi systems can be securely controlled, monitored, and upgraded from anywhere in the world, over the Internet or a private IP network — with FlexMaster. It’s a complete management platform for building and managing Enterprise and Carrier-Grade Wi-Fi Service Infrastructures.
The Ruckus FlexMaster Management System (9.0) is a fully-featured, intuitive, and complete, Linux-based managed service platform for configuration, fault detection, audit, performance management and optimization of hundreds of thousands of remote Smart Wi-Fi APs or Smart Wireless LANs (WLANs) from a single point. It provides a unique collection of automated and customized facilities not found in other management platforms such as an automated and customized super dashboard, trending reports and customized graphs, detailed client data for planning and troubleshooting and comprehensive events management.
With FlexMaster, providers gain the benefits of:
- Single platform for Wi-Fi service management
- Carrier-grade scalability of hundreds of thousands of remote Smart Wi-Fi APs or Smart Wireless LANs (WLANs)
- Seamless integration with existing OSS systems
- Leverages industry-standard protocols such as SNMP, TR-069, SOAP, TCP, and HTTP/S to access devices on networks that otherwise might be blocked by local firewalls
- At-a-glance customizable network dashboard provides overview of events, devices, and clients
- Easy installation and use by automatically discovering deployed devices in the network
- Bulk configuration and firmware upgrades eliminate tedious remote configuration
- Easy management grouping by geography, device type, serial number, and customer
- Detailed historical reports by device, client, mesh changes for a specified time
- Reduced total cost of ownership from eliminating service calls and remote IT diagnostics
- New revenue streams, resulting from the ability to offer innovative managed Wi-Fi services
- Multi-tiered administration for offering managed WLAN service or cloud-based WLAN management services
The Ruckus FlexMaster Management System (9.0) is a comprehensive Wi-Fi management platform for building and managing enterprise and carrier-grade Wi-Fi service infrastructures. FlexMaster enables network administrator to perform all critical functions necessary to set up, maintain, and optimize the deployment of their business Wi-Fi networks all from a single point. Designed for simplicity, FlexMaster provides a unique collection of automated and customized facilities not found in other management platforms such as an automated and customized super dashboard, trending reports and customized graphs, detailed client data for planning and troubleshooting and comprehensive events management. The FlexMaster Dashboard View provides at-a-glance summary of all of the connected Ruckus Smart Wi-Fi devices that the FlexMaster is managing. The Dashboard View, which is fully customizable, allows for views based on selected criteria such as devices, clients, Google map overview and many more.
Ideal for carriers, multi-service operators, and broadband providers looking to monetize Wi-Fi services, FlexMaster offers tiered administration, making it the perfect platform for offering managed WLAN service or cloud-based WLAN management services. This allows end customers to remotely view, securely control, easily manage and automatically configure only their network infrastructure and assets.
Leverages Industry-Standard Protocols
FlexMaster fits seamlessly into existing enterprise IT networks and service provider OSS network management architectures. It communicates with ZoneFlex and MediaFlex Wi-Fi systems using SNMP, TCP, Broadband Forum TR-069, SOAP, and HTTP/S protocols to establish safe, reliable links between managed devices and the FlexMaster server. This enables remote access to devices on the LAN that normally might be inaccessible, due to network address translation issues. ZoneFlex and MediaFlex APs can also be directly queried by other third-party SNMP or auto configuration server (ACS) systems using TR-069. Additionally, Ruckus devices automatically report back to the FlexMaster server during initial installation and at pre-specified periods. FlexMaster can manually initiate instant communication or scheduled tasks to be performed at an opportune time.
Detailed Device View
The FlexMaster Inventory view provides a detailed report of all ZoneFlex and MediaFlex devices in the network. Administrators can easily navigate to any device, and drill down for more detailed information. Integrating with the Google Map application, each device can be geographically displayed on the map, and can be grouped by geographic region, device type, serial number, MAC address range, or even a client’s name to improve manageability. Multi-tiered access provides a partitioned view to the enterprise IT group or service provider’s customers, so they can view statistics, status, and reports related to their Wi-Fi networks. Using the administrator access privilege, each service provider can access all devices in the management domain. In turn, the service provider can create a unique Service Level Agreement for each client, in order to offer revenue-generating services. FlexMaster allows service providers to create unique configuration parameters on a bulk basis and load different versions of firmware for each customer.
Flexible Configuration Templates.
The FlexMaster Template view gives service providers a simple way to set up the configuration profiles for different parameter settings of devices. For example, if an administrator wants to configure ZoneFlex APs for a hot spot chain differently than for a hotel chain, then two templates with different parameters can be set up, saved or modified before applying the configuration to the devices.
Easy Bulk Firmware Upgrades
Ruckus Smart Wi-Fi system firmware can be upgraded individually or in bulk. FlexMaster allows the operator to select a set of devices, schedule the firmware upgrade, and receive notification when the upgrade is complete. With a simple click of the mouse, the operator has the flexibility to perform bulk firmware upgrades on all of the remaining units in the field, or schedule upgrades for a specific time.
Comprehensive, Detailed Reporting
FlexMaster’s Report View lets administrators define, configure, and select a variety of criteria upon which to run reports at a specified time. These reports can be generated by leveraging the FlexMaster database, and can include everything from trending packets sent and received by the busiest APs, AP airtime utilization, and the APs with the most associated clients. Multi-tiered access provides a partitioned view for each customer and lets them view statistics, status, and reports related to their Wi-Fi networks. Using the administrator access privilege, the provider can access all of the devices in the management domain. IT managers and providers can create unique Service Level Agreements for each client or department in order to offer revenue generating services. Service level agreement graphs and reports can include percentage uptime for AP groups and specific clients, backhaul uptime and client potential throughput.
Powerful Configuration Saving Tool
FlexMaster’s Provisioning View gives administrators the option to permanently save the configuration of each device. In the event a user resets a pre-configured Wi-Fi device from the provider, the configuration can be restored to a known state quickly and easily without user intervention.
Enables Managed Wi-Fi Services For Enterprise Headquarters and Remote Branch Offices.
- Platform with carrier class, enterprise-enabled scalability to use common industry-standard protocols to manage Wi-Fi infrastructures
- Provides comprehensive set of capabilities for configuration, fault detection, performance management, and reporting of ZoneFlex and MediaFlex devices
- Simple to install and easy to use
Gives Service Providers a Unique Way to Extend Their Network Footprint.
- Enables new revenue streams and managed Wi-Fi services in growing new services markets
- Supports hotspots, hotzones, home spots, IPTV services, and enterprise Wi-Fi managed sites
- Fits seamlessly into existing operational support systems (OSS)
Provides At-A-Glance Dashboard View.
- Summarizes and categorizes all ZoneFlex and MediaFlex devices in the network, as well as their firmware versions
- Intuitive Events section offers quick reference on the condition of the network
- Detailed Events timeline provides trend and historical records of important events