LET US DELIVER A FREE SECURITY LIFECYCLE REVIEW TO YOU NOW. SECURITY LIFECYCLE REVIEW CAN GIVE YOU A RELEVANT LOOK INTOWHAT’S HAPPENING IN YOUR ORGANIZATION.
Key Benefits and Features
Visual and Actionable Information into Applications, Users, and Content
- Port numbers, protocols, and IP addresses are useful for network devices, but they tell you nothing about what’s on your network. Detailed information about the applications, users and content traversing your network empowers you to quickly determine any risks they pose and respond.
- Leveraging the rich context provided by our firewalls, visualization, analysis and reporting tools let you quickly learn more about activity on your network and analyze incidents from a current or comparative perspective.
Visibility Into a User’s Application Activity
- Visibility into the application activity at a user level, not just at an IP address level, lets you determine patterns of usage along with the associated business and security risks. With a few clicks, you gain visibility into the application bandwidth and session consumption, the associated threats, as well as the source and destination of the application traffic. With this knowledge, you can proactively align application usage with your business requirements.
Vulnerability and Command and Control Protections
- Our rich set of vulnerability and command and control (CnC) protections block known and unknown network, and application-layer exploits, from compromising and damaging your organization. Vulnerability-based protections prevent exploits within the network, while command and control protections block outbound CnC traffic exploit kits.
- Our protections also proactively prevent DoS attacks, such as SYN, ICMP, and UDP flooding, as well as port scans, host sweeps, and other reconnaissance tactics.
Comprehensive Malware Protection
- Our malware protections reduce the number of available attack vectors by terminating malware downloads. The blocked malware name, malicious URL or application, and the victim user are logged within the UI, so you have the contextual information needed to apply additional policies, if necessary.
- The file blocking profile gives you control over the flow of different files by inspecting the payload to identify the true file type, as opposed to looking only at the file extension, to determine if a file transfer is allowed by your policy.
- You can implement file blocking by type, user group, or on a per-application basis, which enables you to do things like approve a specific webmail application, like Gmail, and allow attachments but block the transfer of PE files.
- Logging and reporting are critical components in any security network. Being able to log all network activity in a logical, organized and easily segmented way makes logging its most valuable.
- Located in the Monitor tab of the UI, we divide logging into overall traffic, threat, URL, WildFire™ and data filter logging, and more to facilitate the organization of data.
- App-ID™ is a patented traffic classification technology in our next-generation firewalls that identifies applications traversing your network. Applications can be identified even if traffic is encrypted, or if applications are using network ports in a non-standard manner (either for evasion or in an attempt to provide “just works” convenience).
- Understanding and applying security policy to the applications traversing your network is a more intuitive and useful approach to security than the port-based models of other firewalls. Along with user identification capability (e.g., User-ID™), App-ID enables your organization to transition (at your own pace) to a “positive enforcement model” and explicitly define which users can run which applications, in accordance with business requirements.
- The perfect complement to the policy-based application control provided by App-ID™ is our on-box URL filtering database, which gives you total control over web-related activity, including the ability to prevent users from visiting malicious websites.
- By addressing your lack of visibility and control from both an application and web perspective, App-ID and URL Filtering together protect you from a full spectrum of legal, regulatory, and productivity risks, as well from web-borne threats.
- WildFire offers advanced protection from unknown threats. Through native integration with our Next-Generation Security Platform, the service brings advanced threat detection and prevention to every security appliance deployed throughout the network, endpoint and cloud, automatically sharing protections with all subscribers globally in as little as 5 minutes.